Amped wireless router setup
Amped wireless delivers some of the high end and most reliable wireless networking devices like the modems, routers and range repeaters etc. These high-end networking devices, however, need to be connected and configured before we can reap any networking services out of them. The users can easily get into their Amped wireless setup window through the customized web address www.setup.ampedwireless.com. This predefined web address is also redirected towards the default IP address of the router i.e. 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1
Installing and setting up the Amped wireless router through setup.ampedwireless.com
The Amped wireless routers can now be easily configured through this easy to use the web address of http://setup.ampedwireless.com. However, it is not mandatory to access the router portal through this web address as you can also enter the default IP address of the router in the URL bar of the browser to get the access of the router.
Follow each of the setup instructions mentioned below carefully in order to be able to set up the router.
- Open the Amped wireless router from its factory box pack and see if they have enclosed all the important components with it.
- Connect the modem to the Internet/WAN port of the router and similarly connect your computer to one of the LAN ports of the router with another LAN cable (RJ45).
- Now switch on the power supply of the router from the power source socket. After, this you have to wait for the devices to boot up properly. It is recommended that you should give at least 1 minute or 30 seconds of time to the router to get stable.
- Now, open the web browser of your PC and enter the web domain www.setup.ampedwireless.com in the URL bar of the browser and press the enter key.
- The system will ask you to specify the login username and password for the router the default values for which is admin for both the cases.
- Now, head straight towards the internet and WAN settings tab and click it. You will see a drop-down list of connection types. The connection types will be PPPoE, PPP etc. You have to select the PPPoE connection type.
- These connection types are used for the internet service distribution and then you have to fill in the username and password in it which is provided to you by your Internet service providers.
- Click Apply changes and reboot now tab to complete the Amped wireless router setup. All the configuration settings entered by you till now will be saved automatically and you are ready to enjoy the seamless and lightning fast internet and network speed of the router.
Setup.apmedwireless.com web address
Sometimes it gets quite a tough task for the users to remember the router’s preconfigured IP address which for most of the Amped wireless routers is 192.168.1.1 or 22.214.171.124. Therefore to ease the Amped wireless router login process, the brand has come up with an effective solution by creating a more convenient and user-friendly web domain of www.setup.ampedwireless.com.
Amped wireless router reset
The Amped wireless router although is quite an efficient networking device but still it needs to be repaired sometimes. The repair can be in form of the router reset to its original settings or the router’s firmware update, whatever it may be. There are basically two methods of resetting your router to its original factory settings. These are listed below.
- Reset through the reset button
- Reset through the web interface (setup.ampedwireless.com)
Here we are going to discuss the reset through the reset button first.
Resetting your wireless router through the reset button is one of the most convenient and time-saving methods of resetting your router.
The absolute beginners or users with less networking experience can also reset their Amped wireless routers through this method. Well, have a look at the below-mentioned steps for resetting the router in some easy steps.
- It is assumed that your router is intact with your computer system and its power supply is running normally.
- Now what you need to do is just insert a long pinpointed object may be a paper pin or a pen or whatever it can get easily into that pinhole.
- Insert and hold the reset button pushed for at least 3-5 seconds or till the router goes to reboot itself.
- By this time all the information on the router memory will be erased and you are left with a brand new factory set router.
Note – You will surely need to reconfigure your router for the internet and other networking services. The router cannot be used in that state as it is of no use without being configured. The router configuration part has been well described in the above section of this article. Just go through the steps carefully and your router will again be configured in no time.
Amped wireless router reset through http://setup.ampedwireless.com
The Amped wireless routers can also be reset by accessing its setup page through the web address setup.ampedwireless.com. Below is the complete reset guide depicting the router reset, just follow the steps.
- Access the router’s admin portal through 192.168.1.1 or ampedwireless.com and authorize your access with a username and password when required.
- Now, after accessing the router’s homepage, look out for the system setting tab and then click the factory reset tab in the left menu pane of the window.
- Once you have clicked the factory reset button, all the settings saved on the router’s memory will be erased in a fraction of second.
Your router is again brought back to its original factory settings and configures the router again to experience the blazing fast services from Amped wireless.
How to change the router login password?
The router login password can be changed by logging in and accessing the router setup portal. You can access the portal either through the default IP address or the customized web domain of the router.
Let us assume that you have accessed the Amped wireless router admin dashboard through setup.ampedwireless.com, navigate to the wireless security tab in the home page of the router and enter the current login password of the router and then enter the new login password for the router twice.
Upgrading the firmware of the Amped wireless router
The firmware of any hardware technical device is its main strength through which all the operations are carried out. The Amped wireless router firmware needs to be updated so as to keep it in its excellent working condition. The firmware update task is not a big deal as it sounds. Anyone can upgrade the firmware of their router by accessing the router’s setup page. Below is the detailed guide about this whole process.
- At the initial stage, you have to download the firmware update file from the Amped wireless support website i.e. www.ampedwireless.com/support.
- Quote the exact model number of your Amped wireless router and download the firmware update file if any released.
- It is recommended that the firmware update file should be downloaded and saved in an easily accessible location of your PC.
- Now, open the router’s admin window through the web address www.setup.ampedwireless.com and look out for the router firmware tab.
- After locating the router firmware tab and clicking it, now click the update tab.
- You will be asked to locate the downloaded update file from your PCs location and select/open it to start the uploading process.
- The upload process will take some time to finish. It is advised to wait for the upload process to get finished properly.
- Your router will get a reboot itself in no time and this reboot is responsible for making all the changes effective on your router.
What is this web address setup.ampedwireless.com used for?
This web address www.setup.ampedwireless.com is used for accessing the router’s setup page for various major and minor operations like the router configuration, reset and update etc. This method of accessing the Router setup page is much convenient rather than through the router’s default IP address.
From where can we find the router’s default IP address?
The Amped wireless router’s default IP address is usually printed on the label of the brand endorsement on the router’s body. The other method of obtaining the router’s default IP address is by launching the IPCONFIG command in the command prompt tool of your computer.
What to do if the browser shows me the error “page cannot be loaded”?
This issue usually occurs when the internet connection is not set up properly. There could be some other ways also when this error is displayed. These errors can be due to the hardware and software also. The users should check if their browsers are updated or not. The Ethernet wires should also be checked if they are properly inserted in their designated ports or not.
What if we forget the Amped wireless router login password?
There is a simple and convenient way of getting out of this problem. Just go with the router reset option. In this process, you will be required to insert a deep pinpointed object into the pinhole of the router where the reset button is located. Press and hold the reset button till the router reboots itself and all the settings are erased from its memory.
What is the basic difference between logging in through the setup.ampedwireless.com address and through the default IP address?
The basic difference in both the methods of router login is the level of ease. The default IP address is quite hard to remember. However, the web address www.setup.ampedwireless.com is much easier than that.
How do we get to know about any pending update of our router?
The users just need to access the router’s setup portal through the web address www.setup.ampedwireless.com and look out for the router firmware tab and then click the update tab. There will be a check button right beside the update button.
What is the PPPoE connection type in Internet and settings tab?
The PPPoE stands for Point to point protocol over Ethernet. The PPPoE connection type should be selected for the successful internet supply from the router. The PPPoE internet connection works for most of the routers.